Logo

1989 Crusader 270 hp no spark

makomike1

Contributing Member
I did something really dumb this week end. I was replacing my oil cooler and while tightning the bolt the wrench hit the positive of the battery and made a lot of sparks. the wrench was still on the bolt when I touched battery Well I finished that job and went to start motor and it would not start. It started prior to me touching the battery. Could have I shorted out the electronic module in my electronic ignition. or the coil ???? Looking for help thanks Mike

If the key was NOT on when you did the foobar, the ignition system shouldn't have been impacted....If you hit the battery post, now you know why batteries should be in a box....

does"...would not start" mean not crank or no spark?

Also, did you check the engine's breaker?

Makomark, thanks for responding. After trouble shooting, I found that when it sparked ,I pulled back and I must have loosened the engine harness that was nar by. I unplugged and repluged and i was able to start the engine. Thanks, wont do that foobar anymore !!

Glad you got that resolved....We have found a wrap of self vulcanizing tape around the engine harness connector works well to exclude the moisture...

Back