Logo

TAMD41D tough to start after sitting

Kawakawa

My Volvo TAMD41D normally starts instantly when I'm using the boat every week. When the boat sits for a couple weeks or more without use I almost always have to bleed the injectors to get it to start. I have a Racor 500 filter system in line, which is fairly new. I've checked for air leaks at clamps and fittings and cant find any. What else could be causing my problems?

Much appreciated in advance...

I don't know the 41, nut on our KAD32's we had a similar problem and it was a leaky seal in the injector pump allowing the fuel to drain. There is also a similar and more common issue with the hand primer pump diaphragm getting holed. Don't know if the 41 is is similar, but a couple of places to check for leaking fuel maybe?

Do you live in Kawakawa (the one with the rail tracks down the main st)? If so, I an give you a good contact for your Volvo parts based just north of Auckland.

No I live in So. California and the boat is named Kawakawa. Just dropped it off at Harry's Marine Engine in Orange for OD service prior to the season. Appreciate the help- GS

Back