Logo

Volvo MD1 for sale for parts

opolily

Had much work done in winter of 13-14. It ran beautifully for a month then it wouldn't budge.
I am tired of fixing this and will repower, probably with electric. Anyone interested in buying it for parts?
You can PM me.

Is this still available? I have an MD1 that is seized up and starting my attempt to free up. May need parts. Is your seized or just not starting?

Yes, I have it. Not exactly sure what 'siezed' means but although the started ran and ran, the flywheel wouldn't budge. One of the men who worked on it last winter came out with some tools and 'big bar' and could not move it either.

Still on the boat but all disconnected and ready to move out.

Seized, locked up. Metal fused to metal or something preventing something from moving. In an engine, metal to metal contact with movement will generate heat high enough to weld it together. Or, something else is preventing the movement. burs or rust, etc.

My engine has been sitting unused for several years and does the same thing yours does. Starter spins but flywheel does not.

I tasked myself to try to get it to move before month is out. After this, I will see if you still have the engine available for parts. If your engine was running recently, I may have a better shot of getting yours started rather than mine.

I live on Long Island so if it comes to it, I can pick up.

Back