Logo

35Hp Gale Buccaneer-Reconnecting shiifter linkage

after replacing the impeller.....i've been having a heck of a time getting the shift linkage in this Gale to work correctly. I've read numerous times about placing the groove in the center of hole in the brass linkage....my question is....what is the correct order of replacement: Bolt the lower unit entirely back on and then try and get to the bolt to tighten around upper shift linkage? and is the shifter in neutral? I'm also doing this without starting the motor......is this a problem also??
thanks in advance for the help!!

You bolt the lower unit on.--------Then line up the notch in the hole and install the bolt.------Shifter can be in neutral / forward / reverse as it does not matter.---------Did you do any other work on the lower unit ?------------Pull a philips head screw out by chance to drain the oil.-------That screw is the pivot for shifting and should not be removed.

Last edited:
dang you're good racerone......i did indeed pull that ^%$%%%$??!! phillips screw out and had one heck of a time replacing it.....you nailed it......so now......uhhhh..........how do i fix this one??

Thanks again.kimcrwbr1.......looks like racerone nailed one of the problems with my removing that frigging phillips screw on the lower unit......the pivot screw?? i'm awaiting response as to how to correct my latest flub....

Back