Logo

Need BF225 cowling

My cowling was damaged last weekend and I need some advice as to how to go about getting either a new one; or an excellent condition used one.

It appears that if you order a new replacement, you get a solid silver cowling and you have to order the decal set separately:(

Can you order a "complete" replacement cowling? From where? Cost?

Thanks,
5th

I am also interested in the results of your question.

I can tell you something NOT to do! Do not try to repaint an old cover with the Honda touch-up spray paint. It does not last like the original paint, especially when exposed to long periods of sun and saltwater. I had my cover re-painted 3 years ago after it got banged up in a slip from a storm. The painter used two cans of the Honda spray paint. Now it looks like crap.

This summer I plan to take it to an auto-body paint shop with a lot of fiberglass experience and have them mix a matching color and use a good automotive paint and clear coat.

Here is another issue - over the years Honda has changed the decals for the 200 and 225. So if you want an exact match, photo your current decals and make sure you get the correct set. You can actually find them on eBay.

Skooter;
I spoke with my insurance company today. They haven't decided yet to replace or repair:(

If your cowling is in "excellent" shape; you can send me a private message. We can discuss price and shipping.
thanks; 5th

Skooter;
I spoke with my insurance company today. They haven't decided yet to replace or repair:(

If your cowling is in "excellent" shape; you can send me a private message. We can discuss price and shipping.
thanks; 5th
Mine is very decent, priced right, but not excellent. I think you better buy a new one.

honda has that 5 coat painting system from the factory, you never get it as good as the factory unless you buy a new cowling. so if insurance pays, get a new cowling and all the decals, even if there it is going to be a lot of fun, not getting air bubbles in the decals. the average shop tech is not trained to install decals, and neither are you and i. it's not rocket science, but it's real easy to screw up.

Use water and dishwashing liquid to place the stickers.
Fill a tub with water add some dish washing liquid, take a sponge and wet the cover with the water, peel the stickers in the tub, and then place them on.
Once In place use a towel to purge the water from underneath.
This will allow you to place them perfectly where you want them and move them around on the cover and will also allow you to get all the air out.
Make sure you mark the cover beforehand so as to place them exactly.

Back