Logo

no spark

jimcrain1966

i have a 2001 mercury50hp 50elpto. started for 5 min then saw gas leak spraying into flywheel, turned off .repaired. went to start now no spark.battery is new.

I've seen this problem with a water leak where it has shorted the wiring until it has completely dried. I would expect the fuel to evaporate pretty quickly though, certainly by the time you are reading this. There is a chance that any short may have blown a fuse. Have you checked them?

Stuart

Do you have the open stator(you can see copper windings)e or the encapsulated??? If so then the gas could have washed off the insulating coating off wires causing short in stator.

I've seen this problem with a water leak where it has shorted the wiring until it has completely dried. I would expect the fuel to evaporate pretty quickly though, certainly by the time you are reading this. There is a chance that any short may have blown a fuse. Have you checked them?

Stuart
yes, fuse is good

p.s. i also have seloc manual but none of the test results match for stator, trigger, cdm's or voltage regulator. I think manual isnt correct.

ok, i made adapter to test better with loads. trigger specs are correct but stator ohms are ok but doesnt put out voltage at the wht/grn and grn/wht wires

Back