Logo

2005 90hp 2stroke outboard

bobbyv

I just installed a new oil injector pump, oil is not pumping to mix to the carburetor, i see no oil, going through the clear oil tubes, unscrewed small
screw to pump to release air in lines, and still not getting oil, does it matter what line on oil pump goes to each carburetor or am i air bound.
did compression check and was ok, any input would be great!
Thanks Bobby V

no one seems to know what my problem, i have not had any inputs with my promblem
any input would be great, thanks Bobby V

solved my own problem, the screw on the top of oil pump to relieve any air in the system
was leaking, drained all oil and removed screw, installed another small plastic washer with the same one that came with the new pump and the oil stopped leaking, watch how tight you install the screw, now i see no oil leaking. hope any one with this problem this will help them Bobby v

If you still can't get oil to the carbs, unplug the oil lines at (oil pump side) the one way valves in them and run the engine on premix until oil appears at the end of the tube. Plug it back into the valve and you should see oil at the carbs in a few minutes of running. I always run some premix after playing with the oil lines until I am sure that I have oil flowing to every carb.

Back