Logo

vinyl top

tomnf

I might be on wrong spot for my question but not real sazzy on navigating the site, so here goes.
I bought a 20 t Dosett as a projet,engine wnt to shop for rebuild and now I am cleaning up the top Top isin good shape but the clear is tarnished and faded.
What should I use to clear it up?
Thanks

There are a number of cleaners intended for those windows... Bring window with you to your local marine retailer and ask them what cleaner, if any, will work. If your local marine retailer can't offer reasonable assistance and advice, try another retailer. Some of the major chain marine retailers have well trained, (often expert) sales associates whose job it is to help you. That's why their stuff costs more than from online. TANSTAAFL...

I did talk to west marine, no luck here.
There are 3 pieces so I guess my next stop is the upholstery shops

Thanks

The magic decoder ring for sales associates @ West Marine, is the area on their name tag immediately to the left of their name. If it's blank, then you are talking to either a new employee or a seasonal employee with an unknown background in marine products... If it has a small blue metal rectangle badge with a large silver "15" and the small word "tech" under it you are talking to West Marine's equivalent of an Apple Computer Store's " Genius". In order to get that badge an associate has to take 15 tests on-line, one in each of 15 areas that take an hour to an hour and a half to take, (plus at least that much time reviewing course materials) typically on their own unpaid time. This does not guarantee someone who has all (or even many) answers, but at least you are talking to someone who has some level of committment to learning about marine products.... otherwise, you may be talking to someone who is just "summer help".

In the interests of full disclosure, I work @ a West Marine store part time (and have a Tech 15 badge)

Last edited:
Back