Logo

horrible mercruiser manifolds

Ayuh,.... Whatcha got for a motor,..?? Drive,..??

How old are the Merc manifolds,..??

Chances are, the Crusader manifolds will empty in a slightly difference spot, 'n there probably won't be the accessory holes ya need to mount the Merc accessories,...

I went the other way years ago....like Bondo states, there are differences...based on memory, on a BBC, going from the aft outlet log manifolds to the center rise manifolds, the merc setup uses smaller hoses so the brass fittings need to be changed. The style of the manifold also relocated the exhaust hose connection as well....so you may have some work there as well...

Hey Mark the boat is new to me last year and leaking riser gaskets cost me a rebuild. I have 454 tbi motors and I am coming out of crusaders and just like their setup better for safety reasons being no leaking in my brand new motor. I would like to make it work.

Well I installed my new motor but was thinking about converting the new exhaust manifolds to be part of the closed cooling system and exit sea water only through the riser. Is it ok to change the old setup.

if you wanna add the exhaust manifolds to the closed side, then you need to make sure the heat exchanger is big enough to shed the extra heat....if the OEM setup supports the option, there should be more than one heat exchanger in the parts book....if you don't have that, best to call the factory tech support dept....if you are looking at the "newer" mercruiser dry joint system, I don't think they made it for the older big blocks....

Back