Logo

Twin 2006 DF200 with power automatically trim / tilt up

ltmguy

Ok newbie to the forum. Hope this has happened to someone else who can help with troubleshooting. Left my switches on the other night after cleaning the boat down. Walked outside the other day to find the engines had been trimmed all the way up. Knowing I never leave them that way, I went up trimmed them down and turned the switches off. Get to the ramp the next day and the SB engine would not crank then, after moving the throttle in and out of neutral the engine cranked with the turn of the key. Might be unrelated but, the following day, turn the power switches on and the engines both trimmed up automatically. No switch was depressed. Tried trimming down and they went but then would automatically come back up. then, they stayed down once I tried again. good day on water without issue. Then at the ramp again, same thing, engines trim up automatically when power switches turned on. Now the port will go down a few inches and stop. went home, pissed obviously, and the engines did the same thing. Trim tilt switch on engine brought engine back down. Oh, I had the single/dual engine trim/tilt switch turned to single when the port engine mounted switch worked. This intermittent issue is now becoming a constant and need some help. My first thought is a pinched wire or bad switch/relay in the throttle box. Any suggestions?????

Back