Logo

03 bf50a tiller conversion

Brian Mc

Hello all, new to the forum and looking for info needed for a project I'm working on. Does anyone know if the 06533-ZW4-H50ZA tiller conversion kit will fit an 03 bf50a? I've seen to different answers in my research so far. Some say it will fit bf50a,A4 and later,but don't specify what yr. bf50a. Others say 04 and later A4's only.

Looking at pics of the kit it looks like it'll bolt up. Same cable ends and harness plug too. Any advice?

I think you meant to type .....H56ZA... In any case, it will not work.

You need a 06531-ZV3-U01ZA Conversion Kit.

06531-ZV3-U01ZA.jpg

There is also a tiller handle extension kit available....06170-ZW4-000AH.

06170-ZW4-000AH.jpg

Mike

I finally read your post more closely. You said you have an A3 motor. The serial number will tell for sure.

Sorry....my computer is acting up and I am doing this from my phone.

Mike

Well, I shouldn't of posted this on a weekend. I was watching it on auction and time was running out. Bought it. I did find a guy that said he has used these kits on '03s. Mentioned what won't fit is the friction slide, so he had to use the screw on the side of the motor bracket to add friction.

The 50za I believe was sold for Lunds with bf50a's. If i remember right mine is a basz-3304260. I guess I'll let you know if it works.

If I use "BAZS" , your model comes up as a BF50A3.

It might just work if it bolts up ok. One issue may be how to activate your choke for starting. The tiller arm key switch does not have a push to choke feature, that I know of....because the BF50A4 does not have a choke.

If it does bolt up, you could always mount a momentary switch on the tiller arm or somewhere in you boat and extend the choke leads to it.

Let us know how it goes.

Mike

I didn't know my mind was that powerful. now it's time to work on some positive thoughts for some good lottery numbers.

I'm glad things worked out.....thanks for the update. It will help others thinking of doing the same thing.

Mike

Back