Logo

switch box wire to coil

tbone10

97 Force 40hp #oe228953. The switch box wire to coil reads 13.5 volts when unplugged from coil but reads 4 volts when plugged to coil harness. This is with ignition switch off,kill wire unplugged and stator unplugged. I have a 10 amp draw on battery because of this. Doesn't matter which coil is plugged in I get the same reading. My question #1 is the tan switch box wire supposed to be hot with ignition off? The engine runs smooth but will not turn over 2000 rpms also the stator ohms at 685 which seems to be in spec. Is my switch box bad?

Found the problem by tracing the ignition circuit wiring. The white trigger wire was connected to the gray ignition switch wire and the white coil feed wire was connected to the gray switchbox wire....engine still ran like this but I will bet that it runs much better now. Thank you Seloc online for having the wiring diagram.....

I've never used Seloc but heard their manuals are not that good. Try the 'ChryslerCrew.com' they factory one's on PDF download.

Jack

I ran the engine Saturday and it seems to have a completely different tone than before. It revs much better but runs a little rough. the idle is erratic. I'm sure it was tuned differently because of the wiring being wrong so this weekend I will try to re tune the carb and the timing.

Back