Logo

2007 Yamaha 25 two stroke oil injection

av8erdunn

I just bought a 2007 25 two stroke to use on my dinghy and have a question in regard to the oil pump. The previous owner didn't use the oil injection since he didn't trust it but I know yamahas have a proven track record therefore I would like to use it. I have taken the pump apart and cleaned it along with replacing all lines and check valves in the oil system. I am running premix at a 100:1 mixture until I am sure the injection is working as it should. The confusion is when when I see oil traveling up the clear line to the injection point before the reeds. It actually pulses the oil up the line moving about an 1/8" up the line at each pulse with a 3-5 seconds between pulses with the throttle set to start position. I have run it like this and I have a surge in rpm while cruising which seems like it is happening every time it injects oil. It would make sense because it goes from lean to rich which will cas engine rpm to change. Is this the way the oil injection should work pulsing oil up the line in short burst?

Thanks in advance for the help

Back