Logo

Bf130 oil pressure light on green

Heligeorge

Contributing Member
Dear fellow Honda owners,
please help.
Since reading the forum, I have come to realize that.
The oil pressure light should:
Go on for two sec. with the hight temp light together for 2 sec and then should go off.
after engine start it should stay on (green) assuming all is well.
In my case the oil pressure light is on green weather the engine is running or not.
is this normal?
is it maybe a past alarm which never was cleared?
Should I reset the ecu with paper clip and 5 times on the kill switch?
there is in the electronics box one 2 wired plug...green/white and black...
Are those the 2 wires to be shorted out?
please help thank you

Yes, as a first step I would clear the ECU as you described, then check the oil light again. Be sure after you work the kill switch five times that you get one or two beeps on the alarm, which indicates that the codes have been cleared.

According to the ESM ...both green and red (overheat) should come on for 2 secs and switch off.
After starting, the green should stay on.
I have reset the ecu and got 2 beeps.
There is however no change to the situation.
There should be continuity from the sensor wire to the case..and there is.
I have this engine 10 years now and have not paid attention to this.
Does the ecu not see that something is wrong?
I will next try to remove the sensor and connect a continuity meter while applying pressure with a syringe...

If the oil sensor is telling the ECM that you have no oil pressure, you should also have an audible alarm and the engine should lose power and go into guardian mode. I did not read that that was happening.

You may have a bad light module. Check to see if you have 12v or 0v on the yellow lead going to the light while it is on. If the light is on, it should have 12v on the yellow lead. If it is off, the yellow lead should have 0v.

You can watch what happens to the voltage as you turn the key switch to on. It should get 2 seconds of 12v then go to zero. If anything other than that, disconnect yellow lead going to the light and see if it goes off.

If there is alway 12v on the yellow lead, it is possible that the ECM has an issue or that somehow, the yellow lead is getting 12v to it from corrosion on contacts in connectors or from a direct short to some other wire.

Mike

Will check that and get back to you.
I checked for continuity yesterday on the oil pressure sensor...there is continuity between the oil pressure sensor wire and the body...which is correct from what I have read in the ESM.
Will check the cables on the control panel...
No fail safe (light off or buzzer) on oil matters while the engine is running.
The oil which was changed was used which says that from a mechanical point of view things are okay.
Without prejudging...in the event that it is a ECU issue...what would be the next move in your opinion...cause from what I gather you are a pro mechanic...Ecu s probably are very expensive...
I have done a reset on the ECU "special tool" +the kill switch x5 ...got the 2 beep confirm but no change.

I started my engine today with muffler cooling water.
The oil pressure light is working as should...
On 2 sec ...off...on while engine running...
I have done nothing to fix the problem...it fixed its elf...?...

Back