Logo

2004 F90 4 stroke vibration

dmcouch1975

In January I hit something under the water going about 30 MPH. I was slowing down and in neutral when I hit is however it still bent my output shaft and brand new stainless steel Solas prop. I was about 1000 feet from the ramp so I idled over to the ramp and put boat back on trailer and left. I got my boat back and now I have a terrible vibration in the motor from idle all the way to 3000rpm, even with out the prop turning. Did I bend a crankshaft or rod?

In January I hit something under the water going about 30 MPH. I was slowing down and in neutral when I hit is however it still bent my output shaft and brand new stainless steel Solas prop. I was about 1000 feet from the ramp so I idled over to the ramp and put boat back on trailer and left. I got my boat back and now I have a terrible vibration in the motor from idle all the way to 3000rpm, even with out the prop turning. Did I bend a crankshaft or rod?

I'm guessing you have some broken gear teerh in your gearcase. Those gearcases aren"t super robust when it comes to impacting an ss prop. If you bent the shaft, you should probably have another look in there.

Back