Logo

Hong Kong Johnson Outboard

arcier35

I have a 14 hp "commercial" Johnson outboard apparently built in Hong Kong. The model number is HJ14RSLF. I need water pump gaskets. None of the parts websites, including this one, list that model number. Does anyone know where to buy parts for these HJ motors? Also I doubt that Johnson would have made a separate water pump for this one motoer. Could this same water pump be used in another, more common model? Thanks for any help. arcier35

To me that appears to be an effort to clear out a wharehouse full of the older 20 / 25 HP lower units.----A hybrid motor so to speak.-----Look it up for the 88 and 89 models years and compare that to how yours looks.

This Johnson OB is classified "commercial." Skip at the parts department here is extremely helpful and researched a book in their "library" that gives part numbers and schematics for the Johnson "commercial" motors. He was able to find the part numbers I needed and the parts are on the way right now. If you need parts for any of Johnson's "commercial" motor models, which you won't find on the normal parts websites, I highly recommend Skip. arcier35

Boobie and kimcrwbr1, I don't know what the part numbers are or the regular motor that shares parts. However, Skip has the refereces and parts list for all the "commercials" so if you have one and need parts you can contact him. Parts were cheap so they must be pretty common. Good luck.

Water pump parts arrived today. They are the same parts as used in the '88 and '89 14 hp models. The two gaskets are 0324449 and 0329390 and the water pump rebuild kit is 0395270. Don't know if other parts are interchangeable as well, but wouldn't be suprised

Those motors use the 9.9 / 15 hp powerhead.------They use an adapter to mate to the older 20 / 25 hp midsection and lower unit.--------A common trick to clear out old inventory of surplus parts.

I bought the motor new at a Johnson dealer in Panama when I lived in the Canal Zone. It probably was shipped to the "Free Zone" in Panama from Hong Kong then purchased by the local dealer for sale to me. I'm not suprised that it was a cobbled together motor. This was Panama in the eighties after all. However it did run well for all the upriver jungle hunting trips while I was there and as a kicker for hundreds of fishing trips in the Bay of Panama. Don't know what the gearcase looks like, kimcrwbr1, as the motor is on my boat in Panama and I am presently in Florida. Thanks to all for your comments and observations.

Back