Logo

2004 130 fuel tank

Bayouownbeer

I have a question some of you my have this same scenario. I am considering putting my 130 on another boat. This particular vessel the fuel tank is in the bow 20 foot from the motor. Will the fuel pump on the honda sufficiently pull the fuel that far or should I put a 12 volt electic low pressure pump inline to feed the pump on the engine?

As long as you prime up manually first you should have no problem. That and avoid having high spots in your fuel line that can create air locks. The primary fuel pump is very powerful. I once left the breather shut on a 22 litre plastic tank and went fishing. When I returned to the ramp after having no engine troubles and pulled the tank out it was a crumpled up mess and totally sucked inwards and messed up. The motor didn't skip a beat but the tank took a day in the sun to recover its original shape.

As long as you prime up manually first you should have no problem. That and avoid having high spots in your fuel line that can create air locks. The primary fuel pump is very powerful. I once left the breather shut on a 22 litre plastic tank and went fishing. When I returned to the ramp after having no engine troubles and pulled the tank out it was a crumpled up mess and totally sucked inwards and messed up. The motor didn't skip a beat but the tank took a day in the sun to recover its original shape.
Wow that is some good suction thanks for the reply that difently answers my question.

BTW. Installing an electric fuel pump at the tank and pressurizing the fuel line would be against USCG regs and create a possible dangerous situation for you and your passengers.

Back