Logo

Starts and Idles fine, No power on take off - Yamaha VMax 225 ox66

June Warden

On last fishing trip motor was running great, I stopped for a few minutes and went to take off again and the motor had no power. Can you give me some idea on where to start looking for the problem, understand that this motor has no power packs which was my first thought. Others have suggested filters. If you could give me some ideas i​t would be greatly appreciated, Thanks in Advance!

There is a filter at the bottom of the fuel pump in the vapor tank. Take out the 3- size 10-m bolts pull tank back just far enough to remove the phillips screws on the top and seperate the 2 sections. You see the pump and float, bottom of pump remove cup, rubber washer, rotate filter take out clean with air pressure re-install in reverse order. Do not remove fuel lines or wires off top of unit you don't need to. it's not hard at all. O-YEA drain tank at screw at bottom of tank and disconnect power at battery also clean tank you'll see. IT'S been a while since i have done one but if you can turn wrenches you can do it.

Back