Logo

Tech help from the Wizards Oil Pump

charlesretired

Yamaha 2000 ,200 Hpdi Remote oil tank pump situation ????

Pump has stopped supplying oil to the tank at the motor. Level switch checks ok , toggle switch checks ok , pump at tank runs with Direct hook up to battery,Brown to ground...Blue to pos. Removed tank and checked all hoses to include filter, all clear. Tank is clean. With remote tank on table with plenty of oil it would not pump. Took cover off pump looking for obstruction , none found. Took discharge hose off pump to let out any air , still would not pump !! Ok so now I get new pump thinking that maybe the pump has lost it's ability to pump or that the motor is tired and not spinning fast enough. Install the new pump as the old one was, still won't pump. Tried reversing the wires IT PUMPS checked the wiring schematic 3 times Brown is grd Blue is pos....Now not wanting to burn up the new motor by changing the wire ends and run it backwards ( has arrow for flow on it) I rotate the pump and hook up supply from the tank to the discharge port and suction to the supply line to the tank on the motor. Pump now will transfer oil to main tank. Does not make any sense why pump has to be hooked up backwards to pump oil. Does anyone know if I change the wires to run the motor in reverse will it hurt the motor ???? This whole thing does not make sense. Thanks in advance Charlesretired

Back