Logo

Converting my 25904R 79 25hp Evinrude from tiller to remote steering

CrappieDude

Contributing Member
I'm in the process of gathering materials to convert my 25hp Evinrude from tiller to remote steering. I was wondering if there was a parts diagram showing exactly what parts I needed to connect the shift and throttle cables up and also what parts I needed to connect the steering cable to motor? Wondering if there is a particular year and hp that I could go by? My model is 25904R, which is tiller steer and pull start, but I've already converted the pull start to electric.

Thanks Guys!

Thanks guys! kimcrwbr1....I have the single handle control box, I'm hoping that will work. Here's a pic of the cable ends. It says OMC 283 6-H 10ft on both cables. Also, how do I attach the shift and throttle cables to the shift handle? And where do I connect the throttle cable to the motor and with what? View attachment 10782

I'll be looking for the steering cable clamps as well as a steering cable. I have the console with the rack and pinion helm...it's an older model and totally unsure of which rack/pinion cable to get...ssc134, ssc124 or some other series. Hoping to get all this together and put on as soon as the weather breaks here in KY.

I think the single handle control will work. I've made a parts list for items I know I'll need, just wrapping up some unknowns. On the pic you showed kimcrwbr1...you show a steering connection at the motor...in that pic it shows the connector connected to the motor that has the hole in the motor handle as being perpendicular to the handle...on my motor the hole is on top of the handle. Steering bracket.jpg Will I still need that particular connector or will a steering link arm work there and connect at the end of the steering cable? Still searching for a reasonable transom mount steering cable arm.

Back