Logo

2004 mercury 60hp 4stroke efi alarm

dunc333

i have a continuos alarm sounding at 3000rpm ,go back to neautral and alarm stops and good to go till i reach 3000rpm and alarm will go off again,water temp on gauge is 145f and good pee stream coming from telltale,my questions are is this a overheat alarm or something else and what should i be looking for to resolve this problem thanks in advance dunc333

Here's the list of what a continuous alarm means- cooling problem: you've pretty much eliminated that one, with good temperature and good water flow. Engine overspeed- that doesn't happen until 6000+ rpm. Low voltage/ electrical- test for volts at battery when the alarm is activated. Low oil pressure- check your oil level (i presume you change your filter regularly?). Usually, the low oil alarm also results in the revs being limited to around 2000 rpm. Coolant sensor failure- the guardian system will restrict power to around 3000 rpm.

Sir, just curious what was the issue and how did you fix it since I have ran into exactly same problem on my 2005 mercury 60elpt 4s efi, thx

Back