Logo

New guages for 98 chaparral 27

dmar

Any suggestions on the best guages for the $ for a 27 chaparral 1998 single 5.7.. Looked online at a few.. Most guage sets said for inboard, I have i/o... The faria guages in white looked nice. My speedo sticks, tach waivers and my mechanic said my volt guage may be defective...

Especially, make sure that the +V gauge feed line (fro the ign switch) and the gauge ground wire ( usually purple) are clean and solid.

The faria guages in white looked nice.
I installed a set off them but before installing them I changed the white incandescent lamps in each to a light blue LED type. They reduced battery amp draw to near nothing and softened the glare at night.

Might be able to get a good price for you. What style Faria?

Was looking at the white chesapeaks ss.... All guages with tach w/hr meter and also trim guage... the package kit didn't have hr. meter or trim guage.... Online I saw 60 mph speedo $40, Hr meter tach $102 and $23.99 for the other 5 guages

LEDs very different beasts from incandesents .... they need "digital" dimmers, i.e. dimmers that always output 12 volts but change the duty cycle (on/off ratio) rapidly for dimming effect.

Back