Logo

93 Crusader 7.4 No Power over 3000RPM

tvette007

I have a 93 350 caver aft cabin with 7.4 crusaders..i have great power in both engines up to 3000RPM. then the starboard engine becomes powerless. The port engine is fine.

we check timing in neutral and did not see any advance, but not sure if it will advance in neutral or only under load. Other than the power issue, it runs and idles perfectly.
any ideas?

If there is no ignition advance, that's a real good place to start....especially given your symptoms....the other item to check is fuel pressure.

Like Chris said, timing should vary with the engine RPM - loaded or not.

Your engine with likely rev to high rpm with load...and it really doesn't mean much as far as troubleshooting goes...

if the timing advances, that I good but you need to verify how much vs engine rpm.

Like Chris said, timing should vary with the engine RPM - loaded or not.

Your engine with likely rev to high rpm with load...and it really doesn't mean much as far as troubleshooting goes...

if the timing advances, that I good but you need to verify how much vs engine rpm.

It only advances 2 degrees in neutral from idle to WOT.

the advance function usually lives in the module...but depends upon which distributor is installed in the engine....a DELCO EST has the advance in the module...

A bad distributor cap will limit your RPM's. If the cap is leaking voltage it will affect the module and may scramble it not allowing timing advance. If you already changed the cap and rotor, disregard this post....That is all.

Back