Logo

Pretech 3000 Gen II single rotary helm 1 inch adjustment needed

The helm also is labeled with '700010', and I loosened the t25 torx bolts, and the 10 mm hex bolts opposite them, but the cable inside still won't move an inch into the plastic excess tube. Steering to the motor's port stop limiter needs that extra inch.
Thanks for your help.

The helm also is labeled with '700010', and I loosened the t25 torx bolts, and the 10 mm hex bolts opposite them, but the cable inside still won't move an inch into the plastic excess tube. Steering to the motor's port stop limiter needs that extra inch.
Thanks for your help.

With the helm, cable attached, out of the boat and on the ground, and with the steering wheel back on the shaft and keyed by the woodruff key, I pulled up on hopeful looking cable lock buttons, put my toes on the wheel, and tried to rotate the helm to port, I couldn't make the cable move the last inch into the plastic excess tube.
I'll email or phone Pretech tomorrow and ask them.

After removing the cable from the outboard, I found that the limiting hardware is the 15 mm diameter x 300 long shaft at the end of the cable. The upstream end of that shaft contacting the alloy covering the end of the black plastic cable housing stops retraction, and limits turning to the engine's port limit.
The triangular horizontal plate above the outboard's tilt tube has a threaded hole and a larger unthreaded hole, previously unused, at the forward apex of the triangular plate.
Using the forward hole, with a spacing bushing, could help.

Back