Logo

Minn Kota 55 5x Endura Trolling Motor Fail

sangriaonur

Hello. I would like to share my experience with Endura 55 5x. I never been in any boat forum before. The reason i am joining each one today is i am really pissed off the way they re done this trolling motors. Even i have 2 years warranty, my Sunday is messed up and i can not canoe right now. The reason of this frustration is As you know every motor has "drive pin" and %99 percent of them, you are able to replace it. The new one came with the built drive pin which is you can not replace when it breaks. And i am very upset about this control freak people who wants to control everything in our life. Now i can not fix my motor. I have to go repair shop and have to wait for this warranty process. I checked the service manual and it says you can replace the drive pin. Thanks a lot Minn Kota. I will never ever buy this brand!

Here is the pictures :
20150208_132939.jpg20150208_132956.jpg20150208_133019.jpg20150208_133029.jpg20150208_133136.jpg

You must have hit something hard? The shear pin should be removable. Are you sure it didn't break off flush in the shaft? Did you try and take a small punch and tap it out?

You must have hit something hard? The shear pin should be removable. Are you sure it didn't break off flush in the shaft? Did you try and take a small punch and tap it out?

Thank you for reply. Yes i did tried. It didn't work. It is not the one you can replace. They built the pin in from my understanding. And i did not hit something hard other then sawgrass bushes. Propeller is also in good condition.

Thats weird I dont understand how it sheared off if nothing was hit. They told you the pin was built into the shaft? So they have to replace the whole armature beacuse of this?

that pin will drive out..just support the shaft so you will not bend it ..they dont build them as part of the shaft....if you dont want to do it find a trolling motor shop that will let you wait while they do it...they may charge you less than if you leave it...5 minute job..

Yeah I've never seen one built into a shaft. It wouldn't even make sense as youd have to replace the armature if this was the case whic h would be costly

that pin will drive out..just support the shaft so you will not bend it ..they dont build them as part of the shaft....if you dont want to do it find a trolling motor shop that will let you wait while they do it...they may charge you less than if you leave it...5 minute job..

Yeah, I did support with the wood and try to take it off hammering in a nail it just did not do anything. I really do not think you can replace. I saw some videos with other models they just comes out very easily. If you check this pictures you can realize how they build it, it looks like welded.

Its probably bent inside the hole a little. Id just take it to a shop and have them support it properly so the shaft doent get bent. As pap said it should be a quick job

I just couldn't wait and drilled the hole about 15 min and then put a nail. The hole i opened wasnt that straight but it works fine right now.
Its probably bent inside the hole a little. Id just take it to a shop and have them support it properly so the shaft doent get bent. As pap said it should be a quick job

Last edited:
Back