Logo

Constant alarm - BF115's

Uhhh....... I could tell you where I got the crystals, but then I'd have to kill you, so I won't do that!.....
Actually, Toyota (I know, not Honda) does actually have a 500 year business plan. It's part of their culture. You can't get to where you're going if you don't know where you want to be!
And just in case you couldn't figure it out... it's 2012.....
Jim

Yesterday afternoon, I ohm'd out the black wire in the six pin connector to the yellow/green wire. It is not an open, so it looks like a short between the connector under the dash and the engine. (ECU unplugged). Next question, how the hell do you get to the connector located on the front lower right side of the engine. I've taken the panel off but cannot figure how to unplug that connector.

Glad you found something.

I assume that you are talking about the round 14 pin connector....

First, you have to disconnect it from the tab that is holding it.

Usually, you can just use your finger to push the plastic tab on the connector away from the metal holding tab and pull the connector and plug off of the hold still together.

Then you can get to the tab that locks the plug and connector together. The plug and connector normally is hard to get apart due to the rubber grommets. You will just have to work with it and it will come apart.

If you have not had that apart to clean it after the motors went under water, that is a very likely place for corrosion to be causing your resistance.

Mike

Thanks Dude. Yes, I am talking about the round 14 pin round connector mounted beside a smaller one. Of course the smaller one is much easier to get to, but that's not where my wire is running.
Do you recall if it slides off forward or toward the block? Due to the difficulty of getting to that connector, when I was cleaning all the other connectors, I did not disconnect that one. Since I'm in there, I guess I should pull both of them apart and clean them out.
Looking at the wiring diagrams provided above, I'm guessing W3 is mine? I have the 2 switch ignition switch with 4 lights on each, and the kill switch between them. I do not have the trolling option. My gauges are analog w/ digital hours displayed in the speedometer.
Jim

Actually, W1 is most like yours. It has the analog gauges in it.

The other two has the digital gauges, which use a different gauge harness.

Your two switch panel is basically two of the single panels shown. The one twist is that there is only one stop switch, which is wired to both.

There may be a couple of other minor differences, but the 14 pin connector should be the same in all of them.

Mike

AHA!!!!! This looks like it may be the culprit, at least on the first engine!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/janddmurray/15931411404/in/photostream/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/janddmurray/16366310928/in/photostream/
The contact that has the vast majority of the green corrosion on it is the white w/ black stripe wire. According to the schematic it goes to the ignition switch. The yellow/green wire is right beside it.
Now, if I go to my local Honda repair shop, can I purchase a couple of pins? The one on the white/blk was so corroded that it fell off. I've backed the pin out of the connector, now I just need the right pin to reassemble it. While I'm doing that, I may as well repair all of them that have the green corrosion on them.
Again, THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH. You have been a lifesaver!
Jim

Better call them first. They should have the pins in their connector kit (if they bought one).

The male terminal part number is 07JAZ-001080A. The female terminal part number is 07JAZ-001090A.

Mike

Are those numbers good for basically all pins used in all the different connectors? If so, I may as well go ahead and get a bunch of them and replace any that are even possibly questionable.

Is there a place that I can look up items like the 14 pin connector halves? I now have the part numbers for the m and f pins and the seals, so that's a start, but if I run into a connector body that needs to be replaced, I'd like a quick reference to look the parts up.
Thanks,
Jim

The 14 pin female connector (on the engine wiring harness) is 07VPZ-002100A.

The 14 pin male connector is 07VPZ-002090A.

Mike

07VPZ-002050A male and I think 07VPZ-002070A female. The picture looks weird on the female and I do not have one with a part number on it to check it.

Mike

Final update!!! My new pins and connectors arrived yesterday. With the guidance of Skronkman, Wijira, and especially Mike aka Hondadude, I am proud to say that I have now overcome the problem of the constant beeper!
As it turns out the connector (14-pin) located below the front of the engine was the culprit. Once I pulled the pins out, cleaned their seats with a pipe cleaner, and replaced the pins that were corroded, today I hooked back up the power. With a quiet prayer to my Lord, I turned the keys, one at a time, and heard only the two beeps that are supposed to be there!
I cannot thank Hondadude enough. Your patience with me, keeping me focused on finding the exact problem, then helping me get that damn connector out and apart made it all worthwhile. I HATE paying a mechanic to do what I have the knowledge, skills and abilities to do, especially at $100+ an hour. With a little good luck, I have now chased my last problem (self-induced).
You guys are the BEST!!!
Jim

Back