Logo

Mercruiser 120 Sterndrive Tilt & Trim cylinders

woolybear

For a Mercruiser 45520 tilt and trim cylinder on a 120 sterndrive I'm looking for a threaded replacement fixed end / mounting cap and two cylinder repair / reseal kits. The kits are quite easily found - however the fixed mounting cap is proving to be very elusive. Can anyone point me in the direction where I could find / buy a fixed mounting end cap and the kits I need?

Yes that was my first stop - what I can't find on there is the fixed / threaded end cap. That only appears to be offered with the carcass of a complete cylinder body. Not what I want.

Yes that was my first stop - what I can't find on there is the fixed / threaded end cap. That only appears to be offered with the carcass of a complete cylinder body. Not what I want.

Ayuh,... That's because that end, don't come off the barrel,.....

I can tell you with complete certainty that the fixed end cap does screw off the 45520 cylinder body. I have two completely demountable parts, the broken end cap and the cylinder sitting on the bench in my workshop as I write.

Thanks - that would be appreciated. This part is for an old aluminium Starcraft "Holiday" circa late 60's with a 120 I/O I'm in the process of refurbishing. Needless to say I'm reluctant to spend big dollars on such an old boat. You present as someone who knows his way around these particular model Mercruiser I/O. The lower unit on this sterndrive is VERY banged up, and if I could find a cosmetically better looking lower unit (complete or just a housing) I'd replace it. If on the off-chance you have or know of someone selling such a unit I'd be interested in purchasing it. I find this forum very helpful, full of many technically competent people with a vast network of contacts, connections, skill and product knowledge. Your willingness to help me with my problems is really much appreciated.

Good news, have found for the early cyl 1 threaded fixed end, uses 2 oil lines. will pm a cell
UntitledT1T_zps661c101c.jpg

Last edited:
Back