Logo

Crusader 6.0 L. How easy change plugs?

I have been trying to get details and reviews on this motor.

There are not many contributors and a lot of new threads unanswered.

http://www.marineengine.com/boat-forum/showthread.php?419713-Captains-Choice-6-0-help
http://www.marineengine.com/boat-fo...6-0-HO-375HP-Reviews-Weaknesses-and-Strengths

I like the clean and organized components of the Crusader. And that is is blue so its easier to see leaks. The Marine Power 6.0 is black but has a crank driven water pump. I like the pump on the crank but my application would make that harder to change. The Crusader pump is stainless.

Crusaders generally seem to last longer. I also like the no-return on the fuel line with the 6.0

I have a 2006 6.0 Crusader manual and it mentions checking the plugs after the first 25 hours, and each 100 hours thereafter or once a year. No word on replacement. Just inspection. Of course you need to pull them out to inspect them.

Thanks TeKeela. I too am surprised by the lack of Crusader information in a Crusader forum. Go to TheHullTruth which is much more receptive to crusader questions. You would think that someone on this site would have some information about changing plugs. But no!
By the way. The boat that I just bought had been salt water for ten years and had not had the risers changed. I did this right after I bought it and found that the originals had passages blocked by thick fingernail sized chunks of rust that had spalled off from the interior of the riser.

Yes one would think this would be a great place, there are plenty of viewers, not many contributors. THT while a lot of posters also has a lot of exhaust fumes!

The shamrock owners forum has LOADS of good engine guys but mostly in the 5.7 area. No one seems to have much to say about the 6.0 anywhere. I have my boat torn apart and replacing the 5.7 250hp marine power with, or at least planned, a 6.0.

10 years is a long time. My past experience would make me want to change them every few years just for the heck of it. The 6.0 Crusader is supposed to have better risers, completely sealed off in the design not just a plate to convert from raw to fresh.

I would think you might want to pull it and check it all out, refreshed blocks are very reasonable. It is a 10 year old 6.0? What kind of boat?

Back