Logo

ivanhoe/engine swap

ivanhoe

I presently have a 1977 17' Reinell with the 4cyl. 120 hp. engine in it. I would like to repair this motor but, if not How would a chev.350 cui set in there? Would I have to do alot of adapting,or would it hook right up to the exsisting out drive and trans. ? Any input would be greatly apprieciated.

Ayuh,.... It won't work with yer drive,....

You'd have to replace Everything from the pulleys to the prop,....

I presently have a 1977 17' Reinell with the 4cyl. 120 hp. engine in it. I would like to repair this motor but, if not How would a chev.350 cui set in there? Would I have to do alot of adapting, or would it hook right up to the exsisting out drive and trans. ? Any input would be greatly apprieciated.

You posted your question in the Marine Power forum.

If Volvo Penta in this size boat, this will be a Stern Drive with a Volvo Penta 4 cylinder engine.
If Mercruiser in this size boat, this will be a Stern Drive with a GM 4 cylinder engine.

If OMC in this size boat, it would be a Stringer Drive in 1977 with the GM 4 cylinder engine.

Can you provide more information for us.... lots more?

Last edited:
You posted your question in the Marine Power forum.

If Volvo Penta in this size boat, this will be a Stern Drive with a Volvo Penta 4 cylinder engine.
If Mercruiser in this size boat, this will be a Stern Drive with a GM 4 cylinder engine.

If OMC in this size boat, it would be a Stringer Drive in 1977 with the GM 4 cylinder engine.

Can you provide more information for us.... lots more?

Ayuh,..... He's got a thread goin' in the OMC forum,....

He's got a Stringer 400 drive,....

Back