Logo

Bilge & live well pump together

Kongfish

ired so that they are in the rear of my boat there's a bilge pump, and a bait well pump, if I want them wired from my dash on/off switch, how do I wire this set up? A diagram would help the most

ired so that they are in the rear of my boat there's a bilge pump, and a bait well pump, if I want them wired from my dash on/off switch, how do I wire this set up? A diagram would help the most

What length boat and how are your battery banks arranged?
Once known, I could provide a basic schematic for you.

Personally, I would not want the bait well pump switched at the helm. I would want this switched at/near the cockpit area.

I would also want the main engine bay bilge pump to be "float switch" powered, and with NO Manual/Off/Auto helm switch!
A main engine bay bilge pump's float switch should NOT have a means of cutting power to it..... IOW, the float switch power should be Un-Interruptible.
Just a simple On/Off helm switch is all that's required. The On/Off helm switch can be thought of as an "Over-ride" to the float switch.
Let the float switch provide the "Auto" feature... as it should!

So...... unless you never moor your boat, and/or never leave it unattended for any length of time..... Say NO to these:

Attachments

• Auto bilge pump switch NO 4.jpg
    Auto bilge pump switch NO 4.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Back