Logo

Oil engine tank not filling.

flabob1

Regular Contributor
I have twin 2005 Yamaha z150txrc HPDI engines. I had the oil tank low level alarm go off on the right engine. Checking the engine tank I found it below or at the low level line.Filled it manual and it was OK until it got down to the same level. Checked and found the pump on the main tank works oK when the switch on the engine is worked.So why working the switch it pumps oil to the engine tank but when the engine running it does not? Any help on this problem would sure be appreciated. Thanks, Bob

Got some info on that it might be the sensor on the oil tank on the engine. Checked it out per M/M using a ohm meter checked OK. Also compared it to the left engine it was the same. Swapped sensor with the left engine .Went fishing all day and had no alarm .Checked mid day and both oil tanks on the engine read full. At the end of the day both main oil tanks were down showing they were being pumped. So I guess it was PFM .Disconnected the harness and reconnected it I might have cleared a problem. If the problem swapped to the left engine than I know I have a intermittent sensor. Thank to all the helped me on this.

Sounds like you nailed it! Was a good idea to swap to see if problem moved as well. Sounds like you just had a bad connection or loose wire.

Back