Logo

Replacement tilt tube for BF75A 2005 model

blueheeler

Having a lot of trouble finding a replacement tilt tube for my Honda ( would prefer stainless steel one ). One Honda site told me it was an obsolete part. Anybody sourced a new one? I am in Australia, but that should not be a problem, I hope

Hi blueheeler,

Well judging from the parts page I found,(see link below) the other sites may have been correct. Item 16 is listed "unavailable".

But, DON'T give up on buying one retail until you hear from a couple of our exhalted leaders here like hondadude. He comes up with stuff when no one else can.

If it were me, and I wanted a stainless replacement, I would start searching for an appropriate sized pipe and nuts. Stainless is easy to machine so the right thread "die" should allow you to easily cut the external threads by hand for installing the nuts.

I used to be in the NGV (Natural Gas Vehicles) repair business and know that the stainless pipe is likely available through one of those types of outlets as well as many others.

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/H...5A5 LHTA/STERN BRACKET SWIVEL CASE/parts.html

Just thought I would throw out another type of solution to your problem.

Here's wishing you luck and a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I do not know of any stainless tubes that Honda makes. However, my parts program says that the part number 50381-ZW1-010 is replaced by 50381-ZY9-000.

The inventory at American Honda is down for maintenance at this time...so I can not see if there are any in stock. I will check tomorrow. It is possible that the program is in error...however, the same tube is used for the 115's, 130's, and some of the fuel injected 75's and 90's.

Mike

There are two of the 010 still available at a Honda warehouse in the USA and there are 30 available throughout the USA of the 000.

You should contact the dealer/vendor that you are looking to order from and make sure they will order it for you.

One thought on the stainless tubes. I do not know if any of the other brands use stainless...possibly Yamaha. As long as the length is the same, the rest of the dimensions should be the same, since the same steering cables/assemblies will screw onto any of the manufactures' tubes.

Mike

Back