Logo

Both Engines Shut Down

flabob1

Regular Contributor
It never ends, does it ?
New problem today. I have twin Yamaha 150 HPDI, 2004 . It was low tide in my canal approx 1 to 2 ft. with a mud silt bottom. Turning the boat around slowly backing up both engines shut down at the same time. Thinking that I got tangled in some old dock line only to find the props clean of line. What's common to boat engines ? ,Fuel ? Disconnected the tank vent line , checks OK. Remove fuel line aft of each filter and pumped bulb.It had good flow.
Hooked water to the flush engines and found water flowing out all drains and weep holes. With one engine just slightly less on one .Engines crank but no start as if there's no fuel or spark. Is it possible to suck up in both engine enough silt/mud to pack up the water pump impellers on both ?Will there still be water flow out of the drains if so ? After engine are cooled down they still will not start. Is there some kind of reset to do if they did over heat ?
I'm stumped and want to go fishing. Any help on the problem would sure be welcome.

It never ends, does it ?
New problem today. I have twin Yamaha 150 HPDI, 2004 . It was low tide in my canal approx 1 to 2 ft. with a mud silt bottom. Turning the boat around slowly backing up both engines shut down at the same time. Thinking that I got tangled in some old dock line only to find the props clean of line. What's common to boat engines ? ,Fuel ? Disconnected the tank vent line , checks OK. Remove fuel line aft of each filter and pumped bulb.It had good flow.
Hooked water to the flush engines and found water flowing out all drains and weep holes. With one engine just slightly less on one .Engines crank but no start as if there's no fuel or spark. Is it possible to suck up in both engine enough silt/mud to pack up the water pump impellers on both ?Will there still be water flow out of the drains if so ? After engine are cooled down they still will not start. Is there some kind of reset to do if they did over heat ?
I'm stumped and want to go fishing. Any help on the problem would sure be welcome.

Found the Problem.
Sometimes you think of the worse without checking the obvious first. The " KILL SWITCH " Dummy me. The cord on the kill switch wrapped around the steering wheel hub and pulled it out. Missed a day of fishing for no reason.

Back