Logo

Perkins 352 with a electric stop stanadyne injector db pump wont shut down

barry davies

Hi Barry Davies from Western Australia here,. this my first post
I have a Marine 3 cylinder Perkins 3.53 engine fixed revs 1560 c/w a Stanadyne electric stop injector pump, was running great until I decieded to slow it down a bit to check how it was running, as I was doing this I noticed it sounded a bit off and throttle spindle was sticking a bit, slowed it down to about 1000 revs but when I set the speed how it was before it may have been a bit slower, but when I tried to shut it down it wouldn't stop went to about 500 revs and stayed at that, ( it has no manual stop, I had to block the air intake )I took the lid off and every thing look ok and free , I have the manual for this pump but it has me stumped, I still runs well with no smoke at all, now when I try to stop it it goes down to about 300 revs or less but still won't stop, any help would be great, soleniod stuts down when power is off
Barry

Hi barry, try loosening the stop solenoid from the pump with the engine at idle and power off to the solenoid. If it stops the solenoid plunger is hanging. If not the throttle linkage is hanging inside the pump which means taking it to an injection pump repair shop. Charlie w.

Hi Charlie
Thanks for your help, but this is an internal soleniod, took the top off the pump all looks free, may try adjusting( bend tags etc but not that keen in case i make it worse)
Regards barry

Back