Logo

2003 bf225 cuts out

I took it to the dealer today and when they hooked their computer to my motor it wouldn't work so that was a dry run as it will be after the first of year before it's fixed. they did check the fuel system and compression and it's all good they didn't charge me anything so that was good.

You must go to the water with dealer, check running data on the Dr.H. did they checked fuel pressure ?function of fuel pressure regulator ?

wajira

They checked the fuel pressure and flow to the VST and the compression all was good. They didn't check the fuel regulator. When they get the part for the tester after the first of the year I'm going back and check the motor if he can't fix a the shop we are going the lake and check t out.

Ok so I'm waiting for the dealer to get their machine fixed and I'm getting impatient so I go out and started checking everything again and turn the key on and I don't here the buzzer beep twice so I check it and the buzzer is not work so I go to the dealer and get a new buzzer plug it in turn the key on and the buzzer stays on continuous even if I start the motor. what could this alarm mean and can it be causing my cutting out it 3500

Assuming you reinstalled it correctly......The continuous buzzer is caused by a continuous ground going to the buzzer. The ground normally comes from the ECM (normally....for two seconds when you turn the key to on or continuous if there is an overheat or oil alarm). It could also be an indication that the ECM is bad or that there is a ground somewhere in the wiring between the engine and the helm.

When your mechanic is ready to go out with you.....besides Dr. H or HDS....... have him bring their test box (that can replace the wiring harness and key switch) or bring along an extra wiring harness/key switch assy to plug into the engine after the failure turns up. If he replaces the wiring harness and key switch and the problem goes away....the problem is somewhere in the wiring harness/key switch. If the problem continues, then you can focus on the engine itself. That eliminates a lot of tracing

Mike

If water in a fuel also you will have buzzer even without start the engine,But its different story i hope that all you checked, follow what hodadude say.

wajira

I found out today I have low oil pressure due to #6 piston skirt broke off and the peises lodging over the oil pickup screen and in the filter. thanks for all the help I'm closing this thread

Glad they found the problem.

One question though....how do they explain getting a solid alarm with just turning the key switch to on? I can understand the alarm when the engine starts (low oil pressure).

Just wondering....

Mike

The dealer said I should replace the high pressure switch sender on the back of the motor and that the alarm probly would have stopped if the motor was able to reach full oil pressure

Back