Logo

In need of help on Marine Use for V-12 Merlin & Griffon engines, just general questions at this pt.

In need of help on Marine Use for V-12 Merlin & Griffon engines, just general questions at this pt.

Thanks. I realize this is not the usual inquiry on marine engine.com but I did just get off the phone and got some guidance on where to place a post like this as I am working as a retired man whos is a disabled person. My bones have had all the surgeries possible to keep me walking and I need to never stop a continual peace in education. So, my Merlin and Griffon V-12 has had one response with a Griffon engine sitting relatively close in Ohio which my home is in Athens, Ohio. I also own a 1980 vintage Supreme Industries, Inc. one owner until I purchased this past Summer of 2014 which is in very good condition with new tires and lights on the trailer that came with the boat when it was purchased in 1980. And, this is over 20 boats that I have owned since 12 years of age while having a 'primitivecool classic and vintage wooden boat brokering company' circa 1988-1992. My hope is to find anyone who enjoys the marine use of these engines and I wish to learn and with consent, take some pictures, as it is the epicenter of a theses in the works that involves old designs that being used more often than many realize in newer marine adaptations. I want to use the design marine concept that exists out there and start with receptive people who have the actual engine allbeit in aviation or land use for these V-12s as they were used for many things and most featured in WWII in the Spitfire while the Griffon was used by the Brits in bombers and in America so after the war, the use of these engines naturally went to bigger players who had experience in the engine and making something that was successful in military application be useful in civl application which is the emphasis of my studies. So at 60th year of age, I have a very nice 1980 vintage pull boat in storage and learned recently the 351/255 h.p. PCM engine within the Ski Supreme make and Supreme Industries, Inc. manufacturer has evolved to the Centurion group in California, I think? In any event, the point of this post is for general responses to suggestions, guidance, or where to look at these marine adapted Merlin/Griffon engines that were used or are in use now. Thanks in advance. Sincerely, Kevin M Callihan Sr or [email protected] or 740-593-5294, landline with answering service. So my contacts are legitimate and valid and best of boating to you. Kevin. /\_-

Re: In need of help on Marine Use for V-12 Merlin & Griffon engines, just general questions at this

If memory serves correctly, they used one in the Miss Budweiser hydroplane back when I was "little" (mid-1960's)...If it turns out to be accurate, I hope your wallet and bank account are stocked well as this will be a prerequisite for the adventure you defined....and I doubt you will safely be able to marry a v-12 to any modern production boat that fits on a trailer....unless cost is not a factor.

Back