Logo

Mariner Jap model 2006 15 HP Alternator Voltage

Dazza69

Hi,

I need to know the alternator voltage for this motor and the wire labeling coming from the alternator.

Searched the internet and came up with nothing. I know it is competely different to the US model.

Trying to power some lights from it and I have come up with using a motorbike rectifier/regulator and a small bike battery. I am trying to understand how to connect the alternator wires to the rectifier without blowing up the rectifier.

Any help would be appreciated.

the alternations you are thinking about is dangerous unless you are a design engineer...the regulator or rectifier you have on the original should handle running lights....if you are adding anything that would exceed the designed system i would come up with a different plan..probably consisting of another full size battery that is charged from a external charger before i put the boat in the water...a boats charging system is just that..it is reliable but sensitive and easy to blow...

the charging system (especially on small motors) is not designed to charge a battery either...they are to maintain a fully charged battery..

Most of the older OBs have no voltage regulation at all. I've learned to use an electronic regulator to save my tach from going up in smoke again.

Jeff

as late as 1994 evinrude built motors with no regulation...maybe later than that..i just happened to own a 94 with just the rectifier...never blew a tach but played the new rectifier game until i started running the proper battery..

Back