Logo
Click for Ford Lehman manuals!

Post Trying to Figure Out Exactly what Ford Lehman Engine I have?

I have a Ford Lehman 4D220 on my Sailing Vessel Susanna, however I am trying to figure out exactly which motor I have. it does not appear to be a Dover or Dorset version based on the configuration of the Fuel Injector and the raw water pump. My engine did not have an oil cooler until about a year ago and it was retrofitted by the previous boat owner to the intake of the raw water pump. My raw water pump is rotated by a coupling off of the fuel injector pump drive. The Dover and Dorset versions have a separate drive for the raw water pump and fuel injector pump. On the Dover and Dorset versions the raw water is pumped thru a engine oil cooler then to the engine cooler and transmission cooler. I think I have an EBRO 4D220 however I have not been able to find any info on this version. All of the service info I got with my engine and boat is for the Dover / Dorset versions. Any Comments or Info will be appreciated.

Default Re: Trying to Figure Out Exactly what Ford Lehman Engine I have?

Hi, if your boat was built around the 1980's it probably was an ebro made in spain marinized by lehman in new jersey. If it is older than it would be a dagenham ford (england) marinized by lehman most dag. And ebro parts are interchangeable since ebro bought ford's patterns. If you can't find a part let me know i may have it.
    Charlie w.

Charlie W, Thank you for the info. The boat was built in the 80's and I am in the process of refitting her. Do you know where I can get technical info on the EBRO version of the engine. I am trying to figure out if I need the oil cooler or not. I suspect the engine cooler is fouled and this may be the reason the oil pressure was dropping. The oil cooler just got added very recently. I am sure I will be replacing the Engine Cooler and the Transmission Cooler. I will also be looking for a spare raw water pump, coupling and impellers.

Hi, call me at 518 493 3083 (new york) charlie w.