Logo

Yamaha F115 Stalls upon acceleration

k_emarine

I have a four stroke 115 that idles great but when you go to accelerate it stalls. If you can slowly play with it and get it past that spot it runs fine at high rpms (just getting it to that point is the issue.) The fuel injection system has been cleaned, new spark plugs have been installed and new fuel filters. It happens so quick that it is pretty hard to diagnose so i was wondering if it could possibly be a sensor or something of that sort. Any input would be helpful. Thanks!

I have had this problem before, my mechanic told me its a combination on cleaning the carb, cause the butterflies dont open correctly and the exhaust buildup.

Fuel injected, yes? How long since you last ran the motor before this started happening? Did it come on all of a sudden or did you notice any other less than perfect performance issue, even minor, leading up to this? How did you clean the injection system? Does it do the same thing in whether in or out of gear? When you say it runs fine at high RPM's, for how long? Can you keep it at high RPM for 5 or 10 mins with no problem, while underway?

Last edited:
Back