Logo

Bleeding a tilt/trim be 90?

wijames

When bleeding the tilt n trim, do you leave the filler plug out while running it up and down between fills? Mine is low enough that we need to lift it by hand a couple of times to get some fluid in it.

thanks

With the motor all the way up, fill up the resevoir. Put the cap on. Then open the manual relief valve and allow the motor to go down slowly. Let it sit for about 5 minutes or so. Then raise it up using the trim switch.....you may have to help it along manually for the first couple of times. Once all the way up, fill up the resevoir again....and let it sit with the cap off for 5 minutes or so. This is allowing the air bubbles to work their way out.

Put the cap back on and using the manual relief valve again to lower the motor. Let sit for 5 minutes or so. Raise it back up.

Do these steps several times..

You use the manual relief to lower the motor, so you do not churn up the air inside the unit.

Once you can raise the motor without much gurgling, then you should be good to go.

It may take an hour of so of this, if it has a lot of air, to get it right.

Mike

With the motor all the way up, fill up the resevoir. Put the cap on. Then open the manual relief valve and allow the motor to go down slowly. Let it sit for about 5 minutes or so. Then raise it up using the trim switch.....you may have to help it along manually for the first couple of times. Once all the way up, fill up the resevoir again....and let it sit with the cap off for 5 minutes or so. This is allowing the air bubbles to work their way out.

Put the cap back on and using the manual relief valve again to lower the motor. Let sit for 5 minutes or so. Raise it back up.

Do these steps several times..

You use the manual relief to lower the motor, so you do not churn up the air inside the unit.

Once you can raise the motor without much gurgling, then you should be good to go.

It may take an hour of so of this, if it has a lot of air, to get it right.

Mike
Thanks, that's just the info I need. I'll let you know how it goes.

Back