Logo

Water in Oil. OMC 20 HP in line sterndrive

therealmudd

Oil has that awful milky tan look. Replaced the elbow attached to the manifold which had deteriorated. Drained oil 3 times replacing filter twice,running engine 15 minutes between changes. Same result! Compression Check within tolerance. Starts easily after warm up. No visible water leaks around engine. Where to I go next? Please help.

Oil has that awful milky tan look. Replaced the elbow attached to the manifold which had deteriorated. Drained oil 3 times replacing filter twice,running engine 15 minutes between changes. Same result! Compression Check within tolerance. Starts easily after warm up. No visible water leaks around engine. Where to I go next? Please help.

Ayuh,... I assume this is a 120 hp, I-4 motor, 'n not a 20 hp motor,..??

What Vintage,..??

What's the back story on it,..?? How long have you owned it,..?? any History on it,..??

My 1st guess is, it's got a cracked block/ head.....

Just got it last summer. Trying to avoid the solution being a cracked block but I'm leaning toward that now. How do I check for a cracked block/head?(hopefullly without removing the engine) I see no outside leaks around the engine. Also, if the compression is within tolerance, the head gasket is likely not the cause. True?
yes, its 120 HP. The engine is a 1977 model.

Just got it last summer. Trying to avoid the solution being a cracked block but I'm leaning toward that now. How do I check for a cracked block/head?(hopefullly without removing the engine) I see no outside leaks around the engine. Also, if the compression is within tolerance, the head gasket is likely not the cause. True?
yes, its 120 HP. The engine is a 1977 model.

Ayuh,..... Isolate the blocks coolin' passages from the exhaust manifold, 'n the other plumbin',.....

Then pressurize the block to 'bout 15 psi, 'n Listen,.... You'll Hear the leak, if it's cracked,....

If there's any external cracks, they'll most likely be on the port side, up, 'n under the exhaust manifold,....

Back