Logo

Suzuki 08 outboard 140hp oil leak problem need help!

BIRDMAN59

I have a 08 Suzuki 140 HP it was over hauled in San Diego with a New Short block, Engine holder, Oil Pan etc,,,Now My Boat is on Kauai I notice Oil Film on top the Cavitation Plates and checked the oil dip stick and it showed half oil then I started the motor on the trailer and ran it 15-20 minutes turn off and checked the dip stick and now it only shows a 1/4" oil on stick! were is oil going? The work was done by Suzuki mechanic at Shelter Island SD ! I took off the complete Cowl Panel and saw no leaks at all so what should I check for? The Oil filter and cooler look new! I can remember if he put a new cooler but it looks new! Any suggestions would be appreciated! Mahalo Happy Holidays Thanks

I have a 08 Suzuki 140 HP it was over hauled in San Diego with a New Short block, Engine holder, Oil Pan etc,,,Now My Boat is on Kauai I notice Oil Film on top the Cavitation Plates and checked the oil dip stick and it showed half oil then I started the motor on the trailer and ran it 15-20 minutes turn off and checked the dip stick and now it only shows a 1/4" oil on stick! were is oil going? The work was done by Suzuki mechanic at Shelter Island SD ! I took off the complete Cowl Panel and saw no leaks at all so what should I check for? The Oil filter and cooler look new! I can remember if he put a new cooler but it looks new! Any suggestions would be appreciated! Mahalo Happy Holidays

Thanks
Well since nobody reply to my post I will continue here! The Oil cooler is new I took it off and had it checked by a mechanic its good no pin hole leaks! My conclusion is that the the main gaskets were not sitting right! The oil leak is not as bad as I thought when you check oil you let the engine sit an hour to get a correct reading I didn't know! So it used one quart after three days but since I spent $10k on this motor complete over haul I don't want a oil leak! So I might have to take it apart to change the dam gaskets! Any INPUT is appreciated! Merry Christmas

sounds like to me that the powerhead gasket might be leaking,since the powerhead was changed.that gasket is metal,and has to be torqued in sequence at a torque spec.

Back