Logo

DF15 1996 flywheel and ignition

cosmicsled

Pulled flywheel, replaced the charging coil,or the primary coil, very confusing with several part numbers shown for the coils which look identical, 32130-93E00 or32130-E30 or 32120E20 or 3i20-E10... anyway I got a replacement and installed it, the flywheel will not seat, appears to hit new coil, so after many attempts, with and without keyway I reinstalled the old shot coil, flywheel would not seat, put color on flywheel and it transfered to coil face, whats up? I have changed several flywheels on small motors, I know the magnet can throw you off but NO WAY will it go down on tapered shaft, even with key out. Any ideas? and how do I sort out which coil number to use? thanks, know it sounds basically stupid, I have two identical motors, both flywheels wont go over coil, was not hard to remove, no rub marks on flywheel or coil. Richard

Richard here, found problem, the "stator mount" that holds the coils is easy to mis-mount, has three legs with bolts going thru small barrels or tubes to stiffin and align, coils mounted to that base, if "barrels" 3pc, do not completely insert then plate is cocked and coils rub. there ya go, only took me two days and a pushy neighbour.

Back