Logo

Help what have i done?????

pjwortham

I am a new boat owner(24ft Palm Beach Tritoon/250 HP SUZUKI SS 4S engine……I am storing the boat in my yard for winter here in NC. Got it covered. Have not run it since early Oct. Engine has been vertical for water to drain out for month now. Stabil in tank. My issue is that I removed battery from case , and stored on wood in my garage…but then realized that i wanted to remove prop….just cause the "Wortham syndrome" would set in and it walk off. SS props are not cheap. So I took battery back out to boat so that I could raise engine to get to prop easily. I did what I said I was NOT going to do, and maybe hooked battery up backwards. Either way, the switch to raise motor was on same side as the battery, just an arms length away. Would not go up. OOOO xxit!!!! Just knew I had it right the first time, so, since it didn't go up or make any noise at all, I turned battery around, with same results. I should have marked battery accordingly but I didn't. Well, did I blow a fuse or something worse??? Was not on battery even 10 secs either case. ANd if it is a fuse, is it at engine cowling or up at console??? OR what other damage have i done??? THX John n Ral.

Back