Logo

BF75D Winterization - oil filter

tkmilbaugh

Hi, this past summer I bought a 20 foot 'toon with a Honda BF75D. It's time to put it away and I was going to do an oil change among other things. I can't see the part number on the oil filter, and was wondering if anyone could tell me what it is and whether or not there is a cross-reference to an automotive filter that I could use. Thanks!

The Honda oil filter for that motor is 15400-PLM-A01PE. Since the motor is still in warranty, I would not consider using anything other than a Honda filter. It is less than $10.00 US.

Just as a side note.....how come "you" (and I am making a generalized "you" = "everyone who has new motors") are asking the unknown world of the internet instead of asking your selling dealer?

We try to make sure that the customer knows where to go for all those kinds of questions....if we have not already covered it when delivering the motor.

Mike

Wow, is this a typical response on this forum?
The engine is a 2008 model, bought used, and I doubt that it is under any warrantee. Thanks for the assistance.

Didn't mean to come across that way. I took it as you just bought a new boat. My mistake.

If you are looking for an aftermarket, pick a brand of oil filter that you like (FRAM, etc) and go to their site and put in the Honda part number to get their number.....or you could just google the part number with the word equivalent behind it and you will probably get a bunch of examples.

Also...just go to the top of this page and put the part number in "part number search" and it will give you a Sierra part number.

Once again, we are more friendly here than I sounded.

Mike

I have had very good results using the NAPA Gold line of filters on my BF 225. They seem to filter the oil better than the Honda brand - that is, the oil seems to stay cleaner longer. NAPA's cross reference system is similar to Fram's and works the same way.

NAPA stores keep cross reference guides for selecting THEIR replacement for Honda oil filters. If you prefer a different brand, all the other parts stores will cross the NAPA number for you to find the equivalent Fram, Mobil 1, STP Wix...etc.
But, I agree with Chawk that the NAPA filters work just great and are reasonably priced.

Back