Logo

Alarm Sounded

flabob1

Regular Contributor
I have twin 2004 150 HPDI engines. It was rough seas the other day and I was traveling at 300 RPMS when the alarm sounded steady. the engines did not drop in RPMS ,all indications looked good. I was able to advance each engine . I shut down the left engine and the alarm continued. Shutting both down it stopped. Continued on and about 10 min. later it sounded again . This time I shut down the right engine first but it still continued.
We were close to were we wanted to go so we anchored for a few hours. On the way back going at different speeds it never sounded again. Could it be something common to both engines that sounded the alarm and nothing to do with the engines? Does it matter what engine you shut down first to determining which is at fault ? The main oil tank was full .Did not check engine small tank .If for some reason it did't get oil would the alarm sound steady. It was rough seas I thought maybe sloshing around the oil was the cause. Tk's for some help in advance.
Bob

I have twin 2004 150 HPDI engines. It was rough seas the other day and I was traveling at 300 RPMS when the alarm sounded steady. the engines did not drop in RPMS ,all indications looked good. I was able to advance each engine . I shut down the left engine and the alarm continued. Shutting both down it stopped. Continued on and about 10 min. later it sounded again . This time I shut down the right engine first but it still continued.
We were close to were we wanted to go so we anchored for a few hours. On the way back going at different speeds it never sounded again. Could it be something common to both engines that sounded the alarm and nothing to do with the engines? Does it matter what engine you shut down first to determining which is at fault ? The main oil tank was full .Did not check engine small tank .If for some reason it did't get oil would the alarm sound steady. It was rough seas I thought maybe sloshing around the oil was the cause. Tk's for some help in advance.
Bob

I found the problem. The four pin connector at the main tank had a broken wire on the back one of one of the pins. Which made it intermittent . Removed pin and solid wire on . Reinstalled pin , checks OK.

Back