Logo

2005 bf 90 ignition switch

dtoole

Regular Contributor
hi , im having problems with my ignition switch ( no choke and not always returning to on from start ).i am looking at the Sierra catalog but dont know which switch that i need.im thinking mp39830 or mp41000. the difference being for a magneto ignition or a conventional ignition. any comments are appreciated......david

The mp41000 is the one that is most compatible. I would highly recommend that you get the Honda switch, then you can plug it right in. Otherwise, your next post will be.....what wires do I connect to where?

There are generally two different switches. One that is a key switch panel on the dash and one that is is the side mount control box.

Mike

That switch goes to the older key switch panel, that is a vertical bracket about 6"x 2" and has bullet connectors on each wire. There generally is a toggle switch for choke on this panel. I do not think it is the panel you have for a 2005, since newer panels were out at that time.

It is also used in the older side mount control boxes, where the choke is to push the fast idle lever all the way up.

I guess I should have asked before......do you have a key switch panel on the dash or a side mount box? If you have a side mount box, is your old key switch a push to choke?....some of the newer ones are.

If you can take a picture of the key switch assembly and a picture of the connectors on the back of it, then I will know for sure which one it is.

You would think it would be simpler....

Mike

Here is one in the side mount box.no push to choke....http://www.boats.net/parts/search/H...997/BF90AT LRTA/REMOTE CONTROL (1)/parts.html

The type for the key switch panel with push to choke is 37552-ZW7-1A.

37552-ZW7-1A.jpg

If you need one for the side mount box with push to choke, I will have to do some additional research.

Mike

i will get pic tomorrow. however i looked on the parts list on boats.net . that is where i got the part #

Back