Logo

175hp year of motor

johno77

I am seeking to buy a power head.The mechanic said he didnt know what year model it was.He said he would find out later.
Lets see if someone can beat him to it.
Here is the serial number 8072029 or did he mean B072029.
I could not find the number anywhere on the internet.And i have not seen the power head to look at the number.
He said it was a blue band motor.
Thanks for your time.

If you are in Australia it's an 8,but in USA it's a B and the number makes it '87.And if he said it is a blue band,it's not 87 as the blue band stopped around '82,so that B or 8 may be a 6,which makes it '81

The only thing worse than my set of Canadian serials is my Aussie serial list.

807xxxxx would be an 81 or 82 model (give or take a year).

The ADI Blue bands were built in the 80/81/82/83 model years.

So based on what little info you have I will "guess" an 1981 and a half, Aussie built motor...

Its a 2L block same as 150 but if its a 80 model its a "D" exhaust block and animal all by itself, uses old style hemi heads, single ram trim if dual ram it a pre 80's,preload pin gearcase and possible pin shift lower like the inline motors

Thanks guys i found another block to suit its a 200hp around the same year model and in very good condition.I have put a deposit on it.
So now i have a problem.I have dismantled the wires etc for the power head that is on mine im up to hoisting it of the driveshaft housing.(the engine is still on the boat)I have taken the ten nuts of 5 each side.
And hooked the fork lift up to hoist the power head of but all that is happening im just about lifting the back of the boat up.
What should my next procedure be?
Heat bolts somehow?

Back