Logo

Battery recommendation for 2004 BF40?

shero144

My 2008 battery is still good but weather is getting colder so time for preventive maint.
Can anyone suggest a good choice of battery for this motor?
16 foot duck boat has running lights and bilge pump... no electronics.

Thank you

Minimum battery requirement for the 40A is 420cca.

I would get the largest battery that you pocketbook can take that will fit in your battery box.

If you are looking for a brand recommendation....if you are in the USA, I would recommend Interstate batteries.

They have two sizes that should work nicely.....650 cca and one 800 cca. Since it is going to be used during the winter in cold weather, I recommend the 800cca....so you will always have plenty of starting power.

Mike

Ditto on the Interstate batteries. I've never had one fail within 5 years after installation. Had one in an old Ford truck that lasted 12 years.

I will "third" that.....INTERSTATE BATTERIES just makes good batteries. Because, it is a GOOD company with GOOD people who care about their products.

More expensive...yes. But the quality makes the expense WELL worth it.

They also have a couple of EXCELLENT training publications one of which is called HEAVY DUTY ELECTRICAL SYSTEM TROUBLESHOOTING. It is MUST reading for anyone wanting to have a better understanding of 12 and 24 volt starting and charging systems.

While it was produced primarily for distribution to enhance their electrical troubleshooting seminars, it would not hurt any boat owner to have one handy in the event of a problem.

hello everyone
I've been using INTRESTATE BATTERIES since 1988 my opinion the BEST!!! keep filled distilled water buy 1 series up it will last much longer than they say I've had them 5yrs plus with any thing take care of it
Greg

Back