Logo

Evinrude 65 Electric shif again??

Aussie outboard

Hello From Australia, Thanks for the advise I got before about the Electric shift. Yesterday I took the boat out and as soon as I put it in the water everything worked beautiful, after 2 hours of running it would not shift out of forward. That's what happen last time. Well I go it home cranked it and put 12v to the Green knife connection, Nothing still in forward. reverse the same. My next step is pull the leg off. I have new solenoids and I new Hyd shift piston. My Question is?? What will be my first trouble shooting thing to do??? I have never Taken one apart before?? Thanks in advance.

See if oil has water mixed with it,if not check the wiring to solenoids really good and next will be pull unit down and clean front pump sctreen....

See if oil has water mixed with it,if not check the wiring to solenoids really good and next will be pull unit down and clean front pump sctreen....

Thanks for the Info, I did have a small amount of water in the Oil, It was Pink??? I have pulled the Leg off. My Next question is? When I remove the 4 bolts on the solenoid Cover, Does it Just Lift out? I have ordered new seals an Gaskets
Can you pressure test with air to find the leak???? Thanks in Advance

Pressure and vacuum test it before you take it apart. Also check the blue and green wires for having approx. 6 ohms resistance each.

Last edited:
Back